Job Name: Safety Officer
Salary: 15000 – 20000 a month
Exp: 0 – 1 years
Company Name: Sai Sectretarial Services
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Qualification: Bachelor Degree
Job Info –
- Performs safety-related functions in accordance with the standards and safety requirements
of the facility
- Takes direction from the laboratory director or designee
- Develops policies and procedures for the establishment of a safe and comfortable
- Works with other members of the laboratory management team
- Brings ideas, thoughts, and concerns to the laboratory management team
- Works independently and as a team member
- Looks for ways to improve laboratory safety processes and eliminate waste of resources
- Assumes responsibility for risk and safety issues associated with the position
utilized to support the safety program
- Provides input into operational and capital equipment budget as it relates to safety
Assist in the yearly maintenance of the area’s Chemical Hygiene Plan or Safety Plan.
Assist in the writing and yearly maintenance of specific standard operating procedures
Maintain records for your area regarding safety training, area specific training
procedures and safety equipment (for instance, eyewash) testing.
Know the proper steps for reporting incidents.
Be familiar with emergency procedure information (what to do, where to go, etc.).
Be able to identify safety showers, eye washes, first aid, fire extinguishers, etc. in
each area and ensure every new member learns where these are located.
Ensure the maintenance of group safety equipment such as spill control kits, first aid kits,
and eyewash facilities.
Be familiar with hazardous waste requirements and storage. Assist in ensuring that area
waste is being collected and tagged properly.
SOs are expected to be role models for safety. This includes adhering to all PPE
and other safety requirements and setting a good example for their peers. SOs
are encouraged to seek assistance from their PI if a researcher ignores these
Ensure that the Monthly Quick Checks are being done in the area.
Mentor next SO for 2 months before leaving the position.
Bachelor’s degree in chemical-physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science
- Experience in clinical laboratory experience
- SLS(ASCP) certification preferred (Specialist in Laboratory Safety, American Society
for Clinical Pathology)