Job Name: Finance
Salary: 10,000 – 18,000 a month
Exp: 0 – 3 years
Company Name: Flipkart
Location: Delhi, Delhi
Job Info –
In 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different. Today, Flipkart is India’s largest online marketplace and one of India’s leading technology powerhouse that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate and talented folks we call Flipsters!
Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best.
We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm, having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customer’s point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers and stakeholders.
About the team
The Business Finance team partners with the business team to drive growth sustainably. The team drives efficiency in the investment being made to drive topline and customer metrics. Focus remains on improving category margins and minimizing financial risks by understanding the key business drivers, analyze key financial metrics, provide value add analysis, support to sales/finance management (budget analysis, portfolio management, and financial forecasting)
They support cross-business units within Flipkart.
About the role
We are seeking a solid, self-starting finance professional to partner with business teams, who will be enabling decisions for growing existing businesses and building new ones from scratch at Flipkart. This role is more than finance: it requires the ability to invent, go beyond the standard business rules to “experiment” and “conceive” together with the business partners- financially sustainable solution.
The successful candidate should have a history of:
- Business partnering with Category team to prepare a roadmap for sustainable growth,
- Driving cost optimization projects across teams to improve bottom-line,
- Working on projects related to Working capital optimization and Inventory control
- Ability to model new and ambiguous businesses,
- Work in a constantly changing environment
- Motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to work fast and smart. This person will work on multiple tasks, helping his/her business partners understand financial decisions and as the trusted business advisor. As a member of a growing team, you will deal with a high level of ambiguity and changing priorities. The successful candidate will manoeuvre through the ambiguity, communicate effectively across teams and levels, while balancing the needs and requirements of internal and
external customers. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data – and create financial models for decision support
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Mentor the team and ensure learning curve for their growth
- Ensure maintenance of Data archives for easy consumption whenever required
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards.