Job Title: Housing Specialist
Salary Package: $19.60 an hour
Work Exp: 0 – 1 years
Company Name: Abacus Corp & Staffing
Job Location: Temporarily Remote
Qualification Required: Graduation or Any
Job Info –
The Housing Specialist will facilitate the lease-up process for individuals porting their vouchers into or out of Virginia Beach. This work involves responding to clients, advocates, and other housing agency staff; performing briefings; and determining eligibility for housing assistance through federal and state subsidy programs administered by the Rental Housing division.
- Manage an assigned caseload and process housing assistance-related transactions;
- Ensure applicants/participants understand their responsibilities and program rules;
- Ensure participants complete the lease-up process in a timely manner;
- Assist with various projects as assigned;
- Adhere to department policies and procedures, meet production goals timely and accurately, provide excellent customer service, and perform other duties as required.
KSA’s for success:
- Possess a solid familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Possess familiarity with computer applications that support Rental Housing program operations such as “Happy” software and HUD program applications;
- Be able to learn other software quickly and apply knowledge correctly.
- Be very organized, have a strong math aptitude and writing ability, and display solid communication skills.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures as related to the Housing Choice Voucher program;
- Demonstrate a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems and render recommendations;
- Work at a high achievement level, producing measurable results;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with city employees, clients, and peers in other PHAs.
Important Note: Beware of Bogus Job Postings. Never Pay Money to Apply for or Get a Job. We Do Not Advertise Jobs That Require Candidates to Deposit Money. In Case You Know of Someone Requesting for Suspicious Employment, Services or Money, Please Contact Us